Fun Ways To Get Moving Presented By First Med Urgent Care
For some spring break has started and for others it will be coming up soon! Whether you and your family have decided to stay home or go somewhere warm one thing is true for MOST children and that is that they love playing and what adult doesn’t like having a little fun now and then? Today, our urgent care is revealing a few fun ways you can have a healthy spring break, yet a fun one that incorporates exercise for the whole family!
Here are activities that you may consider trying to get you and your family moving this spring break:
- Try a jump rope contest
- Fly kites and have fun chasing them down
- Ride bikes with everyone or take a group walk around
- Make a game out of taking stairs whenever possible and avoid elevators
- Crank up music and dance around like crazy
- Jump up during commercials or take breaks (for Netflix watchers) to jump around silly
- If it’s too cold, go swimming indoors someplace (The YMCA?)
- Try a fun game of charades with plenty of active acting
- If you’re going on a road trip, get out at pit stops to stretch, walk or even race from the car to the building (bathrooms) and back
Studies suggest that everyone needs at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity every day and it doesn’t have to occur all at once. The nice part is that you can split up the active time throughout the day and it still counts.
We, at First Med Urgent Care, believe that participating in physical activity as a family can be as fun and great as you make it! These ideas presented by our urgent care are just some suggestions. Of course, we encourage you to do whatever you see fit for your family. Use your imagination to get creative with your family exercise this spring break!
Be careful out there, whatever you decide to do. If you need us, First Med Urgent Care staff will be here to assist you with any urgent care needs 7 days a week from 8am to 7:30pm.